Women’s Health

What type of doctor should you see for women’s health concerns? An obstetrician–gynecologist (OB/GYN) is a doctor or a nurse practitioner specializing in the health care of women. While a physician who specializes in the medical care of women and their reproductive system (vagina, ovaries and uterus) is technically a gynecologist, an obstetrician specializes in the surgical care of women and their children during pregnancy, childbirth, and post-natal care. Our OB/GYN providers are trained in both specialties.

Call today!
Womens health

We’ll coordinate your care so that everyone — including your personal physician, specialists, lab technicians, and pharmacists — can review your medical history, medications, and lab results. This means your entire team can work together to give you the best care possible.

Adolescent Care

Girls should have their first gynecologic visit between the ages of 13 years and 15 years. What can your teenage daughter talk to our doctors and nurse practitioner(s) about?

  • Cramps and problems with menstrual periods
  • Acne
  • Weight
  • Sex and sexuality
  • Birth control
  • STIs (sexually transmitted diseases)
  • Alcohol, drugs, and smoking
  • Emotional ups and downs

Our OB/GYN providers perform a general physical exam, external genital exam, as well as a pelvic exam depending on your age and whether you are having any pain or abnormal bleeding. Another screening needed starting at age 21 is a Pap test, which can detect abnormalities that might lead to cancer.

If you are sexually active, we provide tests for certain sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Most of the tests that teens need can be done by the doctor with a urine sample. We also provide certain vaccinations to prevent harmful viruses.

Call and schedule your Pap test today and get a $10 gift card for being good to yourself!